Transition Best Practices
In the Transition phase, use the following best practices:
- Ensure that the design is deployed in proper clouds
- Check the organization report for available capacity
- Keep Monitoring turned on
- When creating a new environment, DO NOT Use Debug Mode. This is strictly to be used by Ops for debugging purposes.
- Configure ECV to check the LB component
- If you don’t want to accidentally override design values on pull, keep variables/attributes locked in the Transition phase.
- Review monitors and their thresholds, to add or edit more alerts to be suitable for your application
- Add CEN to the individual monitors in your production environment
- Enable NOC alerts for your production environment
- Add your own CNAME to give to your customers
- Keep watch on your environment and compute usage. If an environment is not in use,
disable the environment.
- Tomcat Log Files: The location of log and access log should be
- The computes can not be resized once provisioned. So, if you change the size to be different from the design, lock the attribute.
- The volume “app” size by default, is 10G (in the case of Tomcat). If needed, adjust and lock the size.
- Don’t rely on the storage in the volume. It is ephemeral and only remains until the compute is there.