OneOps Policy Management
Policy Management provides in-line technical debt to identify Cloud anti-patterns that are at risk to cause a service disruption.
Policies are defined per organization. OneOps admin users have privileges to add, edit, and delete a policy. A policy definition includes:
- Name: Unique name of the Policy
- Description: Brief description about the Policy
- Query: Elastic Search query to identify candidate objects that violate the policy
- Execution Mode:
- Active: Prohibits users from saving objects under violation. For example: A policy can be defined to allow only a few compute images like centos-6.6, redhat 6.5. Any attempt to save a compute component with an image value other than these two, fails.
- Passive: All components and instances that violate such policies are marked with a failed policy status with the reason for the specific policy failures.
All components and instances that violate one or more policies are marked with a failed policy status along with the reason of the specific policy failures.